Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default TextBox1.SetFocus not responding

This is probably something too simple....

As you can see below, I have put this line of code everywhere I can
think of. But, TextBox2 still comes up active. I even tried
UserForm4.TextBox1.SetFocus with no better results. Can anyone spot my
obvious error???
Thanks,
J.O.

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
'This will check to make sure the PO# the user entered is not already
on
'the list. If so, message box comes up.

With Worksheets("Official list")

'TextBox1.SetFocus

If TextBox1.Text < "" And Not .Range("j:j").Find(TextBox1.Text,
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, MatchCase:=False) Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "This PO/PL is already on the list. Please enter the
information in the existing Record."

'This will clear all testboxes
For Each ctl In Me.Controls
If TypeName(ctl) = "TextBox" Then
ctl.Text = ""
'TextBox1.SetFocus

End If
Next ctl

'TextBox1.SetFocus

End If
End With

'TextBox1.SetFocus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi JO

Not simple at all. MsgBox'es conflict with setfocus in exit events. I don't
have any other solution than putting the message somewhere else, like onto a
label next to the box. It should be obvious enough, msgboxes are also
extremely annoying when you do keyboard entries.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"excelnut1954" skrev i melding
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks.
I think I'll just have it go to another UF instead of the MsgBox.
Thanks for the info.
J.O.