Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Event for CalcState?

I have written some code to provide a right-click shortcut to toggle
Auto/Manual calculation modes. This code changes the State property on the
menu to provide a check mark if Manual calculation is on. This all works
fine, but how would I know if someone used the 'normal'
Tools/Options/Calculation to change calculation modes (and therefore be able
to update my menu item)? I looked at Application Events but didn't think
any of them would trigger based on changing calculation modes. Is there a
way to accomplish this? I am using XP SP2 and XL2003. Thanks in advance
for any help provided.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no event that is always triggered by changing calculation modes. If
you change from manual to automatic a calculate event is fired, but the
opposite is not true, therefore there is no perfect solution.
You can check by looking at Application.calculation whether
someone/something had changed it: you just have to decide which events to
use to do the check.

Charles
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available