Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default start up routine in worksheet

I have a worksheet which in which i want to start up a list box where i can
choose from the list to enter into the cell, the cell in question happens to
be a merged cell of 4 cells.

Also i want the list to be already loaded when the worksheet is opened.

Can anybody help me with setting this up?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Goto:

And look down listing for:
How to obtain the selected items in a multiple select ListBox control;

This should get you started.

Jim May

"Colin Telfer" wrote in message
:

I have a worksheet which in which i want to start up a list box where i can
choose from the list to enter into the cell, the cell in question happens to
be a merged cell of 4 cells.

Also i want the list to be already loaded when the worksheet is opened.

Can anybody help me with setting this up?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the workbook_Open event can be use to execute vba code when the workbook is
opened and the user or security setting does not disable macros.

See Chip Pearson's page on Events

You don't say what sheet or where the listbox is located (worksheet or
userform) or what type of listbox (Control toolbox toolbar/ActiveX or Forms
Toolbar), Or the address of the cell and sheet to receive the value, Or the
address of the range and sheet to load the listbox with and whether you want
it loaded with code or if you will link it to a range of cells. Or if you
are linking, why you would not just link the output cell as well.

Tom Ogilvy