Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find values

I have a sheet set up where a user would enter data, when finished they
then would click a command button and post the data to another
spreadsheet. Is it possible, via vba, to check whether the values of 5
of the data cell already exist on the table spreadsheet? For example:

a b
record number 123456
ticket number 789101
product number 234567

the table is set this way
a b c
123456 789101 234567

The table may have 300 rows and I need for it to check to see if 123456
exists in column A and if it does show a message to the user that the
record already exists, if not go on to 789101 and do the same in column
B, and so on. If none of the values exist then post the values to the
table spreadsheet. I have 5 values I need to check. I am aware that
this should be done in Access, but it is not available on other
machines and not all users are comfortable with access.
Thanks in advance for any help!!

--
kippijo
kippijo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30105

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I may not have explained my problem very well. The values I will b
comparing are in non-contiguous cells.
They are on worksheet 1 cells b2, b8 through b11 and b32
The columns on worksheet 2 would be column A, columns G through J an
column AE

Any help will be greatly appreciated

--
kippij