Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Tables / Linking Worksheets

Hi,

Can anyone out there tell me how I can link data between sheets so my
sheet w/ the pivot table is updated everytime my master is changed?
I'm very green w/ pivot tables so please dumb it down :)

Thanks!!

P@ty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pivot tables are linked to their source data.

However, they have to be refreshed manually rather than like formulas.

You can use VBA to refresh the table, so you could use one of the Excel
events to detect the actions that would warrant refreshing the table. (put
code to refresh the table in that event)

See Chip Pearson's page on events if you are not familiar:

Tom Ogilvy