Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Charts using Macro

Hi,

I have made a pie chart using a macro... the problem is i also want to
display the percentage with the chart.

Now for some reports there are times when there are many small values....so
the chart gets messy with all the values overlapping........ i have to make
many pie's that way and cant really sit and correct each one of it.........

can somebody suggest something???

Aziz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe something useful he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213928/

Possilby you could have the large slices on one pie chart with a dummy
slice equal to the percentage of all the small slices - then use the second
pie chart to show the smaller slices. I haven't done it but hopefully this
article will lead you to means of implementing that solution if you decide it
is appropriate. You would probably have to reorganize your data.

Tom Ogilvy

"Aziz Ahmedabadwala" wrote:

Hi,

I have made a pie chart using a macro... the problem is i also want to
display the percentage with the chart.

Now for some reports there are times when there are many small values....so
the chart gets messy with all the values overlapping........ i have to make
many pie's that way and cant really sit and correct each one of it.........

can somebody suggest something???

Aziz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

This sounds like a nice idea but we really want to show it in one single
chart... we did think abt this previosuly but as the number of data points
keep on chaning we really donno how we will arrange the data and stuff so
thought of making it in one chart only.....

This there any thing else.....

BTW... your suggestion yesterday was really v v good.... my team has really
liked it a lot and the full credit goes to you... thanks a lot...

Aziz

"Aziz Ahmedabadwala" wrote:

Hi,

I have made a pie chart using a macro... the problem is i also want to
display the percentage with the chart.

Now for some reports there are times when there are many small values....so
the chart gets messy with all the values overlapping........ i have to make
many pie's that way and cant really sit and correct each one of it.........

can somebody suggest something???

Aziz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did something like this with datalabels about 10 years ago. I recall it
involved a lot of trigonometry and some rules of thumb since the datalabel
object has top and left properties, but no Width or Height properties.

anyway, Jon Peltier has a web site with a lot of information on programming
and working with charts:
http://peltiertech.com/

Andy Pope is another with a lot of information on Charts. A quick scan
looks like he has information on working with custom leader lines, so this
code may be a good start for you:

http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm

Tom Ogilvy