Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Enforcing a Cell format

Hey everyone, I need some help. I have tried everything I can think of
to enforce this, but I keep running into errors.

Any values in column B or C I need to have a specific format "### -
########## - ######## - ##/##/####"

I thought about just using a concatenate formula, but it was causing
too much excess work. My employee's are aware they are to enter it in
this format, but in case they enter it incorrectly, I want the cell to
update to the correct format.

EX.

TEL - TRV303902 - I322390I - 04/21/2006
ABC - TRV000000 - INV33029I - 04/21/2006

The variables can change in each field. The first set will always be
2-3 letters depending on the initials of the person making the entry.
the next 2 sets can range anywhere from 5-9 alphanumeric characters,
and the last set will always be a date. And I need it to be hyphenated
like above as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks y'all!

--
dok112
dok112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10581

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your entering text and you can't format text.

You might want to explore the Change Event
if your are not familiar with events.

Tom Ogilvy

"dok112" wrote in
message ...