Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problem selecting a range using variables

I'm trying to select a range with the use of variables rather than hard
inputs. I am getting an error that says "expected list seperator" when
I type the last line of code. Can you guys tell me why this code
doesnt work?

Private Sub stringtest()
Dim col_1 As Long
Dim col_2 As Long
Dim row_1 As String
Dim row_2 As String

col_1 = 1
col_2 = 2
row_1 = A
row_2 = B

Range(col_1&row_1&":"&col_2&row_2&).Select

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You'll need to take out the last & sign to make the line:
Range(col_1 & row_1 & ":" & col_2 & row_2).Select

Or replace this lign with:
Range(Cells(row_1, col_1), Cells(row_2, col_2)).Select

--
colofnature
colofnature's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34356

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yeah, sorry that last & was my mistake. when I use the line below, it
selects the entire row A and B. I just want to select A1:B2 though.

Range(Cells(row_1, col_1), Cells(row_2, col_2)).Select

Any help on just selecting a given range and not the entire row?

Thanks,

Joshua

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will select A1:B2

Sub One()
row1 = 1
row2 = 2
col1 = 1
col2 = 2

Range(Cells(row1, col1), Cells(row2, col2)).Select

End Sub