Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA, database and Charts

hi, can you help on my queries?
i want to use a single excel file as my database (for employee tenure
summary)....the first workheet will contain the interface(built using
VB objects) the second will contain the database and the third one will
contain the charts...

1. how can i update my database without the cells being overwritten by
the new record?
2. how can i make my chart be updated automatically according to this
categories.... name, length of tenure (in months then in years), length
of training (in months) and the time of resignation, by just inputting
the current date...without record repetition and make the chart
continuous...

please help me....i'd be willing send you more information about my
query...thanks a lot....

--
tweety127
tweety127's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34673

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

2: You can define names in the worksheet that will make this work nicely. I
wrote an article about this some time ago, which uses worksheet controls
(dropdowns or sliders) to select the endpoints of a plotted range. You only
need to define one parameter, not two.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP