Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default don't save macro results in template

Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet which I'm using as a template. It has a
macro which imports data from elsewhere and reformats it. When the
macro is finished, I want the user to use save as to save the worksheet
under a different permanent name.

However, I dont want the results from the macro to be saved on the
template. (But I dont really want the user to have to delete them
either).

How do you fix this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After creating a wbk and saving it as a template, when you "Open" it, you are
opening a copy of it which will automatically be renamed ***1, ***2 etc

Saving it does not change the original template. If the user wishes to
SaveAs that still leaves the template unchanged.