Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save worksheet vs workbook

Anyway to save just a worksheet in the workbook versus saving the entire
workbook? I'm using ActiveWorkbook.save now but I'm only changing a few
items in a worksheet - seems kind of inefficient....

Thanks,

--
JWM6
JWM6's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33413

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The way I understand it, a work-sheet- is only a par
of an Excel document, i.e., work-*book*-,
just as a paragraph or page is only a part of a MS Word document. Whe
you save your work,
the whole document in memory, i.e., the work-*book*-, must be rewritte
to disk.
----------------------
Ben :cool

--
protonLea
protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3209

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Edit/Move/To new book

"protonLeah" wrote
in message ...

The way I understand it, a work-sheet- is only a part
of an Excel document, i.e., work-*book*-,
just as a paragraph or page is only a part of a MS Word document. When
you save your work,
the whole document in memory, i.e., the work-*book*-, must be rewritten
to disk.
Ben

--
protonLeah
protonLeah's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=538300

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I think I may try to reorganize it a bit to compartmentalize
some of the data that I'm saving for specific purposes into another
workbook... this should help with the overhead of the save