Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disappearing buttons

I have a few Excel sheets with buttons on them, shared between 15 users.
Lately, one or two of the users open the sheets and the buttons have
vanished. The Excel option is set to "Show All Objects". On one of these
occurrences, I went to a new sheet and created a button, but it came up
transparent. As soon as I click somewhere else, the button is deselected and
the handles disappear as well. If a manage to click again on one edge of
where it should be, the handles come back, but not the body. Then amnaged to
find that the other buttons were still on the original sheets, just invisible.

After finding some of the orginal buttons and changing irrelevant properties
backwards and forwards, I could get one or two of the buttons to reappear,
but pressing one of them would make the other one, or both, disappear again.

Not related to the sheet itself because these can be opened correctly by
other users in identical versions of Excel (2003 / SP2) and Windows (XP Pro /
SP2). Not machine-related because one machine where it was happening, is now
displaying all the buttons properly without any other changes having been
made to the machine.

Any suggestions?

--
Martin H
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure it's not pc related.

Just guesses...

Set the zoom level to 100% (it seems to be easier on excel's resources)

Get the latest drivers for your video card.

Get the latest drivers for your printer.

Martin H wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson