Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros for graph formatting

Hi,

I am generating a bar graph that projects future values for year
2007-2011. I want the future value bars to be shaded 75%. I tried t
record a macro to do this (basically record macro- select individua
bar - right click - etc etc to change the bar shading to 75%). But
can't seem to get this to work. Maybe it's a relative referenc
problem? Any help would be appreciated. Is what I'm trying to do eve
possible with macros?

Thanks

--
Weissm
Weissme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3404

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is this what you were trying to get:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(3).Select
With Selection.Border
.Weight = xlThin
.LineStyle = xlAutomatic
End With
Selection.Shadow = False
Selection.InvertIfNegative = False
Selection.Fill.Patterned Pattern:=msoPattern75Percent
With Selection
.Fill.Visible = True
.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 17
.Fill.BackColor.SchemeColor = 2
End With

Of course, you wouldn't use the code like above. This is streamlined by
leaving out the select/selection and the defaults:

With ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(3)
With .Fill
.Patterned Pattern:=msoPattern75Percent
.Visible = True
.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 17
.BackColor.SchemeColor = 2
End With
End With

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Weissme" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I am generating a bar graph that projects future values for years
2007-2011. I want the future value bars to be shaded 75%. I tried to
record a macro to do this (basically record macro- select individual
bar - right click - etc etc to change the bar shading to 75%). But I
can't seem to get this to work. Maybe it's a relative reference
problem? Any help would be appreciated. Is what I'm trying to do even
possible with macros?

Thanks!

--
Weissme