Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating Rules

I'm trying to make a macro that will create rules to solve problems based on
a bunch of interrelated vairables. I'm new to visual basic and I'm not sure
how I go about starting this process. I want to be able to enter in the
variables I know and have possible solutions for the unknown variables. I
don't think I can do this conventionally with functions because there are
cirular references in some of the rules.

For sake of this example my variables a A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, W, J, K,
L, M, N, X, P, Q, R, S, and T

(I used W and X instead of I and O so they don't get confused with numbers)

I want to be able to enter each variable into a cell and have a macro
simultaneously satisfy the following rules:

1) A=B+C+D+E
2) B=A*.1
3) C=A*.2
4) D=A*.65
5) E=A*.05
6) F=((A*.1)*G)+((A*.2)*H)+((A*.65)*W)+((A*.05)*J)
7) 52*5=X
8) K=10
9) L=10
10) M=5
11) N=X-(K+L+M)
12) P=N*8*60*Q
13) R=S
14) T=P/S
15) F=T

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate
it! If this is possible with functions that would be much more familiar to
me (though I don't mind using vb at all if I know how to look up what I don't
know)

Thanks!