Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Result from many excel file sheet

Hi all

Can you please help me for this Issue?

I have many Price list files, and I have other quote file.

I am make new quote for any items for Example

Item# brand Qty Price

15004 Helix 10 ??
54055 Matrix 5 ??

My question is :

How can I tell excel to open the excel file and get name file name from
brand and search for the item in that file and give me the price for that
items

Helix.xls
Matrix.xls

Etc.

Many Thanks to everybody
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sName = "C:\Myfolder\Helix.xls"
set bk = workbooks.open(sname)
for each sh in bk.worksheets
set rng = sh.columns(2).Find(What:=sBrandName)
if not rng is nothing then
msgbox "Found at " & rng.address(external:=true)
myprice = rng.offset(0,2)
exit for
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Akader" wrote:

Hi all

Can you please help me for this Issue?

I have many Price list files, and I have other quote file.

I am make new quote for any items for Example

Item# brand Qty Price

15004 Helix 10 ??
54055 Matrix 5 ??

My question is :

How can I tell excel to open the excel file and get name file name from
brand and search for the item in that file and give me the price for that
items

Helix.xls
Matrix.xls

Etc.

Many Thanks to everybody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom
sorry this don't work i need to get the Price form file name already added
in B2 each line have diffrent file name

B2 Helix
B3 Matrix
B4 Edegs

and the Item# in

A2 969
A3 598
A4 699

I need to get the Price from Each file Automaticaly and insert the Result in
each colum

E2
E3
E4

Vlookup Example:

VLOOKUP(A7;'[?????]Price List'!$A$9:$B$15;2;FALSE)

I need to Replace file name ????? with the file in B2 - B3 - B4 for each line.

I don't know if this clear to you

Thanks

"Akader" wrote:

Hi all

Can you please help me for this Issue?

I have many Price list files, and I have other quote file.

I am make new quote for any items for Example

Item# brand Qty Price

15004 Helix 10 ??
54055 Matrix 5 ??

My question is :

How can I tell excel to open the excel file and get name file name from
brand and search for the item in that file and give me the price for that
items

Helix.xls
Matrix.xls

Etc.

Many Thanks to everybody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would use Indirect in that case, but Indirect doesn't work with closed
files, so the files would have to all be open.

=VLOOKUP(A7;Indirect("'[" & B7 & "]Price List'!$A$9:$B$15");2;FALSE)

Tom Ogilvy

"Akader" wrote:

Hi all

Can you please help me for this Issue?

I have many Price list files, and I have other quote file.

I am make new quote for any items for Example

Item# brand Qty Price

15004 Helix 10 ??
54055 Matrix 5 ??

My question is :

How can I tell excel to open the excel file and get name file name from
brand and search for the item in that file and give me the price for that
items

Helix.xls
Matrix.xls

Etc.

Many Thanks to everybody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom many thanks

that exactly what I need, but can you help me more to take the result
without opening the file.,
it's not easy to open all files manually some time I am working on many
price list file in the same time maybe 20 file or more,

Also there is one more think in this code if the file not opened the price
which already saved before in quote file it's giving error till I open the
price list files,

Is there any way to keep result saved in the quote file and not to change
the price till I make refresh to the cell????, same as if I am using only
VLOOKUP without INDIRECT
Asking me first When opening the file if I need to update the link,

But with INDIRECT command not asking this question

So please if you dont mind find me other code to get the Result without
opening all files.

Regards

Abdul Kader

"Akader" wrote:

Hi all

Can you please help me for this Issue?

I have many Price list files, and I have other quote file.

I am make new quote for any items for Example

Item# brand Qty Price

15004 Helix 10 ??
54055 Matrix 5 ??

My question is :

How can I tell excel to open the excel file and get name file name from
brand and search for the item in that file and give me the price for that
items

Helix.xls
Matrix.xls

Etc.

Many Thanks to everybody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

assume all the files are in the directory C:\MyPrices

Sub BuildFormulas()
Dim rng as Range, cell as Range
Dim s as String, s1 as String
set rng = Range("B2",Range("B2").End(xldown))
s = "=VLOOKUP(AYYY,'C:\MyPrices\[XXX.xls]Price List'!$A$9:$B$15),2,FALSE)"
for each cell in rng
s1 = Replace(s,"XXX",cell.Value)
s1 = Replace(s1,"YYY",cell.row)
cell.offset(0,2).Formula = s1
Next

regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Akader" wrote:

Hi all

Can you please help me for this Issue?

I have many Price list files, and I have other quote file.

I am make new quote for any items for Example

Item# brand Qty Price

15004 Helix 10 ??
54055 Matrix 5 ??

My question is :

How can I tell excel to open the excel file and get name file name

from
brand and search for the item in that file and give me the price

for that
items

Helix.xls
Matrix.xls

Etc.

Many Thanks to everybody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Tom
can you please let me know how to run this code and how can I attached with
my cell?,

sorry for bothering your

"Akader" wrote:

Hi all

Can you please help me for this Issue?

I have many Price list files, and I have other quote file.

I am make new quote for any items for Example

Item# brand Qty Price

15004 Helix 10 ??
54055 Matrix 5 ??

My question is :

How can I tell excel to open the excel file and get name file name

from
brand and search for the item in that file and give me the price

for that
items

Helix.xls
Matrix.xls

Etc.

Many Thanks to everybody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There was a stray Parenthesis in the formula. Here is the revision:

Sub BuildFormulas()
Dim rng As Range, cell As Range
Dim s As String, s1 As String
Set rng = Range("B2", Range("B2").End(xlDown))
s = "=VLOOKUP(AYYY,'C:\MyPrices\[XXX.xls]Price List'!$A$9:$B$15,2,FALSE)"
For Each cell In rng
s1 = Application.Substitute(s, "XXX", cell.Value)
s1 = Application.Substitute(s1, "YYY", cell.Row)
cell.Offset(0, 2).Formula = s1
Next
End Sub

Worked perfectly for me.

You would just make you sheet where you want the prices returned the active
sheet.

Do alt+F11 to get to the vbe, then in the VBE, do Insert=Module and paste
in the macro.

then go back to Excel and do Tools=Macro=Macros, select BuildFormulas and
click Run.

Tom Ogilvy

"Akader" wrote:

Hi all

Can you please help me for this Issue?

I have many Price list files, and I have other quote file.

I am make new quote for any items for Example

Item# brand Qty Price

15004 Helix 10 ??
54055 Matrix 5 ??

My question is :

How can I tell excel to open the excel file and get name file

name
from
brand and search for the item in that file and give me the

price
for that
items

Helix.xls
Matrix.xls

Etc.

Many Thanks to everybody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom
this is great Worked perfectly as I need, but I have other case for this code,

in my qoute file , I have some spaces in the row.

this code it's not working for items after space

example.

from A4 TILL A11 NO Space in BetwEen code is working update here

IN A12 TILL A14 THIS IS AREA ONLY SPACE

IN A15 TILL A18 I HAVE OTHER ITEMS ( THIS PROBLEM THE CODE WORKING UPDATE
A11) AND NOT WORKING FOR ITEM IN A12 TILL A14

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME FOR THIS CASE, BECAUSE IN ALL MY QUOTE I HAVE SPACE
BETWEEN.

BEST REGARDS

ABDUL KADER