Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Embedding Excel graphs in Word

I'm building an Office Application with Excel part of the application. This
is all being done using Office 2000 Professional running under XP Pro (SP2)

I have embedded several Excel tables and associated graphs in a Word
document. I have done this using VBA, sucking in the tables and graphs from
Excel, to bookmarked locations in Word. All works fine except that I have
these surplus table rows appended after each graph in Word, causing
unnecessary page breaks in Word, which then have 2B manually deleted.

I have assigned each table and graph combination a range named in Excel. The
range extends over the table and the graph completely. Does anyone know of a
"clean" way to pluck out Excel tables and graphs for embedding into Word
without all those surplus table rows? eg. Is it possible to just plug the
graph into Word from Excel using VBA?

--

Richard John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try to embed them as pictures. That way you can exactly control the material
being copied/pasted.

In Excel, while holding down the SHIFT key, pull-down:

Edit Copy picture..

In Word (or PowerPoint) just paste
--
Gary's Student

"Richard John" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To elaborate, move the chart using copypicture/paste, and move the table by
copying an appropriately sized range and pasting, probably as html, although
I forget how Office 2000 used to do it (yes, there have been changes across
the versions).

I have some code you can try he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

- Jon