-   -   Capture user input into xldialog print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/359978-capture-user-input-into-xldialog-print.html)

vpanang

Capture user input into xldialog print

hello everybody

I need some help with vba for excel.

I using the excel print dialog box to print my active sheet. I need a
way to capture how many copies that the user entered in the print
dialog box to print.

I need to keep track of the number if copies printed. Any help will be
really appreciated

Thanks
Vinod:)

--
vpanang
vpanang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33915

Tom Ogilvy

Capture user input into xldialog print

To the best of my knowledge, that information is not available through any
built in methods.

Tom Ogilvy

"vpanang" wrote:

hello everybody

I need some help with vba for excel.

I using the excel print dialog box to print my active sheet. I need a
way to capture how many copies that the user entered in the print
dialog box to print.

I need to keep track of the number if copies printed. Any help will be
really appreciated

Thanks
Vinod:)

--
vpanang
vpanang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33915
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536935

Kletcho

Capture user input into xldialog print

You can use Workbook_BeforePrint event to track how many times they are
printing, but I don't think you can catch the number of copies printed
through VBA. You might be able to use the windows API "PrinterDLG",
but I am not that familiar with the windows API's. Maybe someone else
in the group knows more?

vpanang[_2_]

Capture user input into xldialog print

Thanks Tom and Kletcho for taking time to reply to my question.

May be I should try a workaround wherein I prompt the user to selec
the number of copies before they hit Ctrl+P and then transfer tha
selection over to the "no:of copies" field inside the print dialo
box.

Thanks again guys

--
vpanan