Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ina ina is offline

Default inverse formula

Hello guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to do that:

I have this formula:

StrFormula2 = "getCLIENT(""Client"",""" & name & """, ""ROOM"", """ &
currentdate & """, """ & data & """)"

client = evaluate (StrFormula2)

data can be from three different kind. (I cannot access this form as it
is blocked, there is a password)

I have this value client already and I have all the value as name,
currentdate it is easy to find the respective data.

Do you thing do I need to use a case statement?

Ina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

assuming getClient is a UDF that can be used in the worksheet then,

If i set the variable to these values

currentDate = Date - 50
name = "Jones"
data = 29.5

then the string has the value

getCLIENT("Client","Jones", "ROOM", "03/08/2006", "29.5")

substitute some typical values into that result

Now take that result and put in in a cell

=getCLIENT("Client","Jones", "ROOM", "03/08/2006", "29.5")

If it doesn't work, figure out what it must look like to work.

I don't see what a Case statement would have to do with it. You would have
to elaborate why you even ask that question.

If the function is working already, i.e. evaluate returns what you are
expecting, then what is you question?

Tom Ogilvy

"ina" wrote:

Hello guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to do that:

I have this formula:

StrFormula2 = "getCLIENT(""Client"",""" & name & """, ""ROOM"", """ &
currentdate & """, """ & data & """)"

client = evaluate (StrFormula2)

data can be from three different kind. (I cannot access this form as it
is blocked, there is a password)

I have this value client already and I have all the value as name,
currentdate it is easy to find the respective data.

Do you thing do I need to use a case statement?

Ina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ina ina is offline

Thank you... I loop my code on replacing everytime a possible data ( I
had 4 possible data source) and the good result gives me the data
label. It is ok.

:)

Ina