Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default color changing cells

I have a job tracking spreadsheet that I would like help with. As a job
progresses we X off that
column so we know the status of each box that we are processing. What
I would like to do is
everytime an X is entered into a row I would like that cell to turn a
certain color and once the final "Done"
X is entered I would like the entire row to turn a different color.
That way we knew how far along and
which boxes are finished. Does anyone have a solution they would like
to share?

Thanks in advance

--
darrenm
darrenm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33880

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Without a macro you can do the following:
With cell A1 selected, select all cells. Then select Formatting -
Conditional Formatting...

Condition 1:
formula is, =$A1="X"
(change the format to highlight)

Condition 2:
Cell value is, equal to, ="X"
(change the format to highlight)

Where $A1 can be whatever column will contain the X that indicates tha
row is done... so if the "Done X" is in column L instead of A change th
formula to:
=$L1="X"

If by "done X" you mean that all columns in the row are X then you ca
add a column in your spreadsheet that checks this by doing somethin
like this in cell L1 for instance:
=IF(AND(A1="X",B1="X",C1="X",D1="X",E1="X",F1="X", G1="X",H1="X"),"X","No
Done")

This can be done very similarly using a macro. This is just one of
million ways of going about it

--
Ikaabo
Ikaabod's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3337

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi darrenm, Here is a bit of code I think that will get the job for
you, Insert the code in Worksheet_Change() event for the worksheet that has
your job tracking stats. Remember to change the range match jobs our
tracking.

enjoy, Rick, FBKS, AK

Dim JobStatRng As Range

Set JobStatRng = Range("A2:H10") '<- change range here
If (Union(Target, JobStatRng).Address = Srng.Address) Then
If Target.Value = "X" Then
Target.Interior.Color = RGB(100, 250, 0)
End If
If Target.Value = "Done" Then
Target.EntireRow.Interior.Color = RGB(250, 250, 0)

"darrenm" wrote in
message ...

I have a job tracking spreadsheet that I would like help with. As a job
progresses we X off that
column so we know the status of each box that we are processing. What
I would like to do is
everytime an X is entered into a row I would like that cell to turn a
certain color and once the final "Done"
X is entered I would like the entire row to turn a different color.
That way we knew how far along and
which boxes are finished. Does anyone have a solution they would like
to share?

Thanks in advance

--
darrenm
darrenm's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536591

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the replies. I forgot, I'm using Open Office. I will try
and see if they work anyway.