Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need help..

I have an excel file (A) on a shared drive.
The excel file(A) has a macro coded , which on opening the file,
creates a worksheet in some other workbook(B). What i am trying to do
is once the file has been opened and macro creates the worksheet time
stamped in workbook(B),

now when some else try to open the excel file(A) as its shared from a
diff computer, i dont want the macro to run again and create the file..
this time it should just open without runing the macro..

can someone please guide me how should i go about with this issue..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

THANKS TOM ,THIS IS WHAT I AM DOING , I AM LOOKING FOR A METHOD IF
THERE IS A WAY , WHERE I CAN HAVE MACRO RUN JUST ONE INSTNACE AND IN
ANY OTHER CASE IT SHUD NOT RUN. THE MACRO.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Without looking a the results and writing the code to avoid duplicating them,
I doubt there is any foolproof way to do it.

Tom Ogilvy