Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find/replace range

I am trying to find a number of instances and replace them from a range of
data. My range is in the Info worksheet and I want it to check my latest
data (active worksheet) and replace any instances where needed. Info- Column
A has possible data errors and Column B has the corrections. Current active
WS needs to be checked for the data errors and have the replacements put in.
The data range will vary as errors continue to popup with spelling/name
problems. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Corrine,
I'm not really sure what you want, but there is a lot of previous help on
find & replace in this newsgroup. On this page, in the "Search For:" textbox
(under the "Discussions in Excel Programming" label), type "find replace"
(w/o the quotes, but with the space) and you'll get a ton of help that will
probably get you on the right track.
HTH
Trent Argante

"Corrine" wrote:

I am trying to find a number of instances and replace them from a range of
data. My range is in the Info worksheet and I want it to check my latest
data (active worksheet) and replace any instances where needed. Info- Column
A has possible data errors and Column B has the corrections. Current active
WS needs to be checked for the data errors and have the replacements put in.
The data range will vary as errors continue to popup with spelling/name
problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your input. I had already gone through the postings and couldn't
find exactly what I needed. I went ahead and did each item from my table as
separate code.

Corrine

"Corrine" wrote:

I am trying to find a number of instances and replace them from a range of
data. My range is in the Info worksheet and I want it to check my latest
data (active worksheet) and replace any instances where needed. Info- Column
A has possible data errors and Column B has the corrections. Current active
WS needs to be checked for the data errors and have the replacements put in.
The data range will vary as errors continue to popup with spelling/name
problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Corrine,
It seems like you answered your own question. But, if you didn't, I get it
a little more now: Your procedure would have to grab the first datum from
the ActiveSheet, then loop through the possible errors on the Info sheet and
try to find match. If found, then it would replace it with the datum in the
answers column of the Info sheet. Then grab then next datum from the
ActiveSheet, and so on an so forth.
--
Trent Argante