Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Checkboxes in Excel

I am adding a TAX column in a spreadsheet I created and in that column
want to add a checkbox for each entry. If the box is checked it mean
the item is calculated with tax and if not check it means that ta
should not be applied to the item. I don't know how to program o
write a code that will make the checkbox do that. Can someone help m
get started

--
spartiku
spartikus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3227

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a thought ....

It might be easier just to add a YES/NO data validation to the column rather
use checkboxes.

"spartikus" wrote:

I am adding a TAX column in a spreadsheet I created and in that column I
want to add a checkbox for each entry. If the box is checked it means
the item is calculated with tax and if not check it means that tax
should not be applied to the item. I don't know how to program or
write a code that will make the checkbox do that. Can someone help me
get started?

--
spartikus
spartikus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32272

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

spartikus,

I would heartily second Topper's suggestion. It's hard to work with all
those checkboxes!

hth,

Doug

"spartikus" wrote:

I am adding a TAX column in a spreadsheet I created and in that column I
want to add a checkbox for each entry. If the box is checked it means
the item is calculated with tax and if not check it means that tax
should not be applied to the item. I don't know how to program or
write a code that will make the checkbox do that. Can someone help me
get started?

--
spartikus
spartikus's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up just creating a tax column with a
Y/N option and then created a formula that would add or subtract the tax
based on the Y/N value. Is that essential what you were suggesting to
do?

--
spartikus
spartikus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32272