Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Feedback Req'd.

<fx: de-lurks after milking the board for info over the last 8 or so
weeks

Hi all, I'm new to the group so if this post breaks convention, I
accept all flames hurled my way.

Just spent 10 weeks teaching myself the basics of VBA as part of my
teaching degree and am eager to some feedback on my (almost) finished
VBA project.

It's essentially a golf simulator powered by Excel intended to be used
in classrooms to teach KS3 ICT (age 11-14) or KS4+ Maths/Physics
(14-18)

Would appreciate flames/comments/suggestions for improvements for the
sheet from both a excel pro's point of view (ie. you lot) or any of you
that are working in an educational environment.

http://www.teachme2.co.uk/blog/?p=31

Have blogged the file to my webspace for download, and I guess you'll
just have to trust me that all the VBA is all my own work and certified
as being harmless. (trust me - I'm nearly a teacher and all that!)

Cheers.

Phil.
--
UKRM:
Then - [C-50. c-90. DT-50. TY-175. kx80 CG-125, ER-5,]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Phil,

Unless you post the code as straight text there's no way that anyone
sensible will download the code and run it with macros enabled. That's not
against you, that's just the way it is; whether you are a teacher, a brain
surgeon or a script kiddie.

--
www.alignment-systems.com

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah, I guessed as much. It's tricky coming into a new UseNet
community when you're used to other users knowing who/what you're
about.

Was just taking a punt that someone might dl the file and have a look
after obvious v-checking, viewing code in non-runtime etc first.

Still, I understand the concerns, and in hindsight, would probably
respond similarly myself.

I don't think the code alone will tell the full story.

PG