Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do I recover a deleted excel file or workbook

I erased an excel file, how do I recover it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you checked your Recycle bin? As long as you haven't emptied it, it
should be in there. If you emptied it you may be out of luck.
--
- K Dales

I erased an excel file, how do I recover it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And if you have then... Well... There are a number of commercial and
non-commercial tools that may still be able to recover your file. Why not do
e.g. a Google search with the keywords "file", "recovery", "undelete",
"rescue" or something similar.

Basically, to cut a long story short: when you delete a file the blocks on
the harddrive that make up the file contents are marked as "free" again,
which means that whenever a new file needs to be written to the harddrive
some or all of those previously occupied blocks may be allocated and reused.
However, as long as you try to recover your deleted file fairly quickly after
losing it you will hopefully have a decent chance of getting the data back.

And by regularly backing up your data you will obviously limit the scope of
future losses.

Good luck,
/MP