Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro output location

I'm running a macro (using a command button) that creates a validation list,
however depending on where the button is the output ends up in different
places. How can I assign a cell to the output so it always goes in the same
place?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Would help if you post the code. You can specify a specific sheet and range
using, e.g., Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") but how to use that within
your macro depends on the actual code, so please post a copy.
--
- K Dales

"Ribeye" wrote:

I'm running a macro (using a command button) that creates a validation list,
however depending on where the button is the output ends up in different
places. How can I assign a cell to the output so it always goes in the same
place?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

'
Here is the code I am using:

Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q
'
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A15337").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=Range("A1"), Unique:=True
With Selection.Validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, Operator:= _
xlBetween, Formula1:="=$A$2:$A$93"
.IgnoreBlank = True
.InCellDropdown = True
.InputTitle = ""