Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hi Need your help

Hi,

I want somebody to help in writing a macro which, will calculate the
cell value automatically.

Say for example:

I've cell A1 Consists of 10 and this can be Added, Subtracted,
multiplied or divided with a specific number in some other cell.

Now, the cells following A1 should be affected with the same
calculation as in A1, can someone help me to write a Macro for this.

Thanks,
Reena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ardus,

Thanks for that help but, there are several cells which will need this
calculation. So I would appreciate if this can be handled thro' a
Macro.

Reena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Fill in the formula in the top cell, select all the other cells in the
column where you also want the formula to apply, then do Edit, Fill
Down. Similarly, you can fill cells across. Note absolute and relative
referencing;
eg in cell A1 if you have "=10 - C3" then in cell A2 the fill down will
give you "=10 - C4". That is relative referencing
if in cell A1 you have "=10 - $C$3" then in cell A2 the fill down will
give you "=10 - $C$3". That is absolute referencing.

no need for a macro
Paul