Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to manipulate text in one column

dear all,
sorry for rmy poor english, hope subject title can work :). i use this
program for identify flight route, i use text for dget criteria
etc:
A B
1 CODE DETAIL
2 JOGCGK JOGJA to JAKARTA / JAKARTA to JOGJA
3 JOGDPS JOGJA to BALI / BALI to JOGJA
4 JOGSUB JOGJA to JAKARTA / JAKARTA to BALI
5
6 =DGET(A1:B4;"DETAIL";A8:A9)
7
8 CODE :
9
10

my problem is come up when the criteria is the return flight route. on
the criteria for A2 is CGKJOG instead JOGCGK. how to make those
criteria flight route also can be used as its return flight or for
example i can use JOGCGK as CGKJOG.
i really need the solution because there are thousand of routes. thanks
very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could add this formula into A10

=RIGHT(A9,3)&LEFT(A9,3)

and change the DGET to =DGET(A1:B4;"DETAIL";A8:A10)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"cah jogja" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dear bob,
it works !! thx very much!

but i get new problem with it. what if i don't have space for formula
you've gave? how to combine those formula into one? like when i use
index in this situation:

SHEET1 (DATA)
A B C

1 CODE CLASS PRICE
2 JOGCGK V 100
3 JOGDPS Z 225
4 JOGSUB S 357

SHEET2
A B C
1 CODE CLASS PRICE
2
3
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use something like

=IF(AND(ISNA(MATCH(I2,$A$2:$A$5,0)),ISNA(MATCH(RIG HT(I2,3)&LEFT(I2,3),$A$2:$
A$5,0))),"",IF(ISNA(MATCH(I2,$A$2:$A$5,0)),VLOOKUP (RIGHT(I2,3)&LEFT(I2,3),A2
:C5,2,FALSE),VLOOKUP(I2,$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE)))

where I2 holds your code and ,2 referes to the column, C LASS in this case

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"cah jogja" wrote in message
oups.com...
dear bob,
it works !! thx very much!

but i get new problem with it. what if i don't have space for formula
you've gave? how to combine those formula into one? like when i use
index in this situation:

SHEET1 (DATA)
A B C

1 CODE CLASS PRICE
2 JOGCGK V 100
3 JOGDPS Z 225
4 JOGSUB S 357

SHEET2
A B C
1 CODE CLASS PRICE
2
3
.
.
.
10

on SHEET2 C2 THROUGH C10 i fill with cse formula:

=INDEX(SHEET1!C2:C4;MATCH(1;(SHEET2!A2=SHEET1!A2:A 4)*(SHEET2!B2=SHEET1!B2:B4
);0))

just like first, i have problem when i must fill SHEET 2 on A2 through
A10 with return flight route and there's no space between rows. please
give me advise...
thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi again,
i've been trying to combine those formulas with my multiple criteria
index case, still i can't make it...
here again bob :

A B C D
1 CODE CLASS ROUTE PRICE
2 JT V JOGCGK 215
3 7P S CGKPNK 148
4 KI B SUBJOG 215
5
6
7 CODE CLASS ROUTE PRICE
8
9
10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're changing the data. Your previous Code values are now route values. It
is hardly surprising the formula doesn't work.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"cah jogja" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi again,
i've been trying to combine those formulas with my multiple criteria
index case, still i can't make it...
here again bob :

A B C D
1 CODE CLASS ROUTE PRICE
2 JT V JOGCGK 215
3 7P S CGKPNK 148
4 KI B SUBJOG 215
5
6
7 CODE CLASS ROUTE PRICE
8
9
10
.
.
.
100

i use something like :

=INDEX($D$2:$D$4;MATCH(1;(A8=$A$2:$A$4)*(B8=$B$2$: $B$4)*(C8=$C$2:$C$4);0))

i can't combine your formula in to mine, so i can type route in any
direction.
please help me...

many thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i'm sorry bob, i''ve been away and just read ur message.

the last situation is i've been facing right now. i know Code values is
changing in to Airlines Code. i'm trying to use ur formula in any
conditions. pls advise

many thx