Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Monitoring cells that have data changed

Hello.

I am creating a group of spreadsheets that will contain meter reading
information at a number of sites. These sheets will be linked to an Access
database that will do all the calculations for monitoring and reporting
purposes.

As the user enters data, I need to check if the data he has entered is
valid. for instance, the last reading must be higher than the previouse
reading or the usage should fall within a percentage of average usage.

I can do this by using the Workbook_SheetChange() sub containing ActiveCell.
row or column to save the active cell position, but this only works after
the first cell has been changed. I am unable to monitor the first cell the
user changes but I can monitor subsequent cells. I will not know if the user
has moved cells by use of arrows, clicking or pressing <return

I cannot use the data validation, as this stops any data that does not fit
criteria being entered, I need to be able to give the operator the facility
to say that the data is correct for occasions where the meter is replaced,
rolls over or where the reading is unusual for other reasons such as
holidays, breakdowns etc.

Is there a better way of doing this that will monitor all cell changes.

Many thanks for your help.

PeterW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you also use the selection change event and an auto_open whic
puts the cursor in a position when the user has to change th
selection?

I hope that I have understood the problem correctly

--
mric

Reserach Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experienc
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1093
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53525