Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel sum miliseconds

Hy, I apologize for being maybe a little off topic

the problem is ..

in excel
A1
0:42:58
A2
0:20:30
A3 (=sum a1+a2)
1:03:28

if this is hh:mm:ss its ok! I don't even have to format cells or anything

BUT I have this:

mm:ss,xxx

this xxx is miliseconds and I don't know how to do this:
for example:
A1
01:58,250
A2
02:30,900

A3 (=sum a1+a2)
04:29,150

I don't know how to get this sum in A3 ??

help please

Ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bob Phillips" wrote in news:#7IsIeZZGHA.4428
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

Isn't that answer correct?

:)

it is, 'cause I did the summing..
but I wont do it for 5000 records...
I have to set excel to do it for me.. :)
so if I knew how to make this example work...
with giving him A1 and A2 to him: give me A1+A2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So maybe

=SUM(A1:A5000)

perhaps?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bllich" wrote in message
"Bob Phillips" wrote in

@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

Isn't that answer correct?

:)

it is, 'cause I did the summing..
but I wont do it for 5000 records...
I have to set excel to do it for me.. :)
so if I knew how to make this example work...
with giving him A1 and A2 to him: give me A1+A2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bob Phillips" wrote in news:uiqjtxZZGHA.3936
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

So maybe

=SUM(A1:A5000)

perhaps?

no no no.. :)
he he, you're a funny guy Bob.

I calculated a1+a2 on my own, or how should I say "on paper"...
the problem is in Excel .. i can't do a3=a1+a2 because i have those ,xxx miliseconds
it doesn't work like that... try .. I need some programers trick!
if I was in Pascal - I would have no trouble at all..

sorry for lack of right english terms..
I'm from Croatia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This works for me:

A1: 0:00:01,234
A2: 0:00:04,567
A3: 0:00:07,890

B1: =SUM(A:A) === 0:00:13,691

when all cells are formatted with

Format/Cells/Number/Custom h:mm:ss,000

No programmer's trick needed.

when all In article ,
Bllich wrote:

I calculated a1+a2 on my own, or how should I say "on paper"...
the problem is in Excel .. i can't do a3=a1+a2 because i have those ,xxx
miliseconds
it doesn't work like that... try .. I need some programers trick!
if I was in Pascal - I would have no trouble at all..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JE McGimpsey wrote in
:

Bllich wrote:

I calculated a1+a2 on my own, or how should I say "on paper"...
the problem is in Excel .. i can't do a3=a1+a2 because i have those
,xxx miliseconds
it doesn't work like that... try .. I need some programers trick!
if I was in Pascal - I would have no trouble at all..

I did that a couple of times.. no, ****.. I did ##":"##,000 for the records
and then I expected to turn the cell that had the result in h:mm:ss,000...but the
thing was that I got 70 seconds for example and I needed Excel to write me 1min
10sec instead.. so I thought about mod() bla bla

And it had to be so trivial!! .. :)

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That wasn't meant to be funny, it was how I interpreted your request. Like
JE, it works for me, but I use a format of [h]:mm:ss.000

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message