Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protected spreadsheet, but need to add rows

I know that if I protect a spreadsheet, new rows can't be added. I'm
building a new spreadsheet for some of our less-knowledgeable users. I
only want them to be able to enter data, but this means they have to be
able to add rows for new/additional data. My plan is to create a macro
that prompts them to select the line above which they want to insert
new rows, tell it how many rows they want to add (1-10), then unprotect
the worksheet, add the new rows, adjust the sums to include the new
rows, if neccessary, then reprotect the spreadsheet.

I'm interested in feedback on:

Is this the best way to do this, or is there a better way to allow them
access but protect the cells with text and formulas?

If this is the best way, is there anything I'm missing? Any tricks
you've learned from the school of hard knocks?

Thanks in advance.