Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Send mail via VBA through a proxy address?

Hello,

I have a macro to send a bunch of statements to clients though Outlook
Is there a way I can send the mail with a proxy "From" e-mail address?
I would like the mail to come from our group e-mail address instead o
the individual that is sending so and querries will come back to th
group address. Below is an excerp of my code. My firm has an externa
program that will assist with this but I'd rather do it right in VBA i
at all possible to try to avoid making everyone install the program.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Dim out As Object
Dim prevday As Integer
prevday = 0

Set out = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
With out.CreateItem(olMailItem)
.Recipients.Add recipient1
.Subject = Format(DateAdd("d", Date, prevday), "ddmmmyy") &
Statement"
.Body = "Please find attached your daily statement."
.Attachments.Add path1 & fn1
.Send
End Wit

--
Iwant2lear
Iwant2learn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3346

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Iwant2learn

Don't know about Outlook but you can do it with CDO
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Iwant2learn" wrote in message

Hello,

I have a macro to send a bunch of statements to clients though Outlook.
Is there a way I can send the mail with a proxy "From" e-mail address?
I would like the mail to come from our group e-mail address instead of
the individual that is sending so and querries will come back to the
group address. Below is an excerp of my code. My firm has an external
program that will assist with this but I'd rather do it right in VBA if
at all possible to try to avoid making everyone install the program.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Dim out As Object
Dim prevday As Integer
prevday = 0

Set out = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
With out.CreateItem(olMailItem)
Recipients.Add recipient1
Subject = Format(DateAdd("d", Date, prevday), "ddmmmyy") & "
Statement"
Body = "Please find attached your daily statement."
Attachments.Add path1 & fn1
Send
End With

--