Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help: Menu Region has gone Black

Hello everyone,

I have an Excel template that I have tested on many machines here at the
office. Once released, a user has come to me with an issue that they are
able to replicate several times on their machine.

The situation is that there is a hidden sheet which I make a copy of, change
the sheetname, and make visible. As soon as that piece of code is executed
his menue region goes black and only the tool bars are visible. The menus
show up when he mouses over them and disappear when he mouses out.

I am not able to replicate this on any other machine as of yet and leads me
to believe that the problem is on his pc. I have asked the software police
to repair the installation. All machines are the same build and GPO's ,
SUS, and RIS enforce the same hot fixes and service packs. He has the same
software installed as the other users. Has anyone encountered this, and
what, if any, was the resolution?

Thank you

Snippet of code.

dim iSummaryIndex as integer 'Index of the summary sheet

'Get the index of the summary sheet
iSummaryIndex = ActiveWorkbook.sheets("Summary").index

'Copy the template sheet and insert it before the summary sheet
activeworkbook.sheets("MyHiddenCopy").unprotect
activeworkbook.sheets("MyHiddenCopy").copy
befo=Activeworkbook.sheets(isummaryindex)

'Summaryindex is now the index of the new sheet
Activeworkbook.sheets(isummaryindex).name = "detailsheet " & (isummaryindex
+1) - ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MyHiddenCopy").Index - 1

'Make the new sheet visible
Activeworkbook.Sheets(isummaryindex).visible=true

'Protect the locked cells of the new sheet
Activeworkbook.Sheets(isummaryindex).Protect DrawingObjects:=True,
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True

'Protect the template sheet
Activeworkbook.Sheets("MyHiddenCopy").Protect DrawingObjects:=True,
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True