Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
EA EA is offline

Default Office 2000 - Office 2003

I am trying to write code that works on both in Excel 2000 and Excel 2003.
My problem is with the references.

In 2000 the reference to the Outlook Library is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msoutl.olb

In 2003 it is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\msoutl.olb

I would like to enter some code in the Open event of the workbook that
checks the environment and adds the correct reference without producing an
error.

Any help or references would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, EA,

Assuming that your installations of Excel went to the default locations,
could you use Application.Version, to determine which version you were
running and run suitable code as appropriate?

Cheers

Pete