Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo List Circ Error?

My goal in this Combo List box is to have a list of equipment to choose from
which has not already been assigned to a job.

So I have a column of all of my equipment unit numbers on Sheet 2 in Column
B. On Sheet 1, in Column E, I enter a unit number. Back on Sheet 2 in
Column C, I have the following formula:
=IF(COUNTIF(EquipmentListUsed,B42)0,"",B42).

The range EquipmentListUsed refers to the range of cells on Sheet 1, Column
E in which I type the equipment's unit number when it has been assigned to a
job.

This is a great formula because if a piece of equipment is listed on Sheet 1
in column E, then a blank appears in column C. If the unit is not being
used, it's equipment number appears in column C.

I then created a ComboList Box, named it EquipmentListComboBox and assigned
the value for ListFillRange to EquipmentList.

I then went into Visual Basic and for the click event attached to this Combo
Box, I entered the coding:

ActiveCell.Value = EquipmentListComboBox.Value

When I exit the Design Mode, I can go to a cell in the workbook, click on
the Combo Box, see my list of equipment and click on a piece. The Combo Box
list disappears and the unit I selected shows up in the cell I was resting on.

That part is fine, but here is where the trouble comes in.

If I go onto Sheet 1, Column E and click on a cell within the range that I
named EquipmentListUsed, I am able to get the drop down list in the Combo
Box, but when I click on a unit, the drop down list disappears, but nothing
shows up in the cell I was resting on.

I can move around the workbook, but then I get a strange black box around
the cell I was resting on in Column E and I have to page down and page up to
make it go away.

If I save the workbook, then the cell in Column E will show the unit I chose
and there will be a blank next to the unit on Sheet 2.

It is almost as if my Combo Box gets confused because it is trying to deal
with a circ error.

Do you have any suggestions to fix this problem?

Tofer