Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula that does nothing

Hi there, I know this might sound weird but lets see... i need to
create a udf that when it runs over a cell, it does nothing. By
nothing
i mean that it leaves no zeros, no spaces, no double quotations, no
NOTHING!! It leaves the cell like if excel was just opened.

I need this in order to copy those cell and when i paste special them,
i can use the "skip blanks" option.

I hope that I made myself clear and thanks in advance for the help!!

ABA

--
andbolam
andbolam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33647

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

<runs over a cell
Not sure what you mean by that.
Anyway, I don't think it can be done with a UDF. UDFs cannot change anythingin a worksheet; they can just replace their call with
an answer.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"andbolam" wrote in message

| Hi there, I know this might sound weird but lets see... i need to
| create a udf that when it runs over a cell, it does nothing. By
| nothing
| i mean that it leaves no zeros, no spaces, no double quotations, no
| NOTHING!! It leaves the cell like if excel was just opened.
|
| I need this in order to copy those cell and when i paste special them,
| i can use the "skip blanks" option.
|
| I hope that I made myself clear and thanks in advance for the help!!
|
| ABA
|

| --
| andbolam
| andbolam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33647
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534176

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks you want the Clear method, but that doesn't work
from a UDF, but you can put it in a Sub.

RBS

"andbolam" wrote in
message ...