Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print dialog : problem when user click printpreview

I have this
Application.EnableEvents = False
frmCreche.Hide ' this is mandatory otherwise problem to print preview
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
frmCreche.Show
Application.EnableEvents = True

The problem is that I have to hide the userform in order to be able to
manage the a printpreview. Cause in that case, the userform is still
displayed and it's impossible to access the controls of the print preview.
Is it a way to handle this without having to hide the form ?.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are using xl2000 or later, show the form as modeless when you show it
before this code

frmCreche.show vbModeless

Tom Ogilvy

"François" wrote:

I have this
Application.EnableEvents = False
frmCreche.Hide ' this is mandatory otherwise problem to print preview
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
frmCreche.Show
Application.EnableEvents = True

The problem is that I have to hide the userform in order to be able to
manage the a printpreview. Cause in that case, the userform is still
displayed and it's impossible to access the controls of the print preview.
Is it a way to handle this without having to hide the form ?.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

when a form is modal, it doesn't allow you to select anywhere else until the
form is dismissed. when it isn't modal, it is like any other window. So no,
you should not need to hide it if you show it as modeless.

Tom Ogilvy

"François" wrote:

I have this
Application.EnableEvents = False
frmCreche.Hide ' this is mandatory otherwise problem to print preview
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
frmCreche.Show
Application.EnableEvents = True

The problem is that I have to hide the userform in order to be able to
manage the a printpreview. Cause in that case, the userform is still
displayed and it's impossible to access the controls of the print preview.
Is it a way to handle this without having to hide the form ?.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,
Still I need to hide it cause it's a too large window.
so it's OK to hide it with frm.hide , but to redisplay it (and continue the
code ...) I would like to avoid to use .show ... and I do not find a unhide.
I have tried with frmCreche.Visible = True or False but this is not allowed.

Any idea would be better than welcome to help me.

Thanks.

"François" wrote:

I have this
Application.EnableEvents = False
frmCreche.Hide ' this is mandatory otherwise problem to print preview
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
frmCreche.Show
Application.EnableEvents = True

The problem is that I have to hide the userform in order to be able to
manage the a printpreview. Cause in that case, the userform is still
displayed and it's impossible to access the controls of the print preview.
Is it a way to handle this without having to hide the form ?.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't understand your concern with using show. That is the only command
that will show the form again.

Your response about the form being too big is a little surprising since your
original question was: