Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default errorcode if somebody is trying to change ...

good morning,

I'm currenly using a taylormade dll to send data, whenever a new value in
the sheet was calculated.

Now I have the problem, that If somebody is pressing the F2 key and try to
amend a value in a cell and not pressing ENTER - I guess excel is stopping
the recalc function - and I will send out "old" values

Is there an other way, than just use the protect mode in the sheet

I was imaging, that I will get an errorcode and than I'm able to work with
this error code

Any ideas

Ciao
Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the sheet will need to have changes made on it, there is no way to allow
the user to make changes and not go into edit mode unless you handle all the
interface with the user through your code with Userforms and so forth.

Tom Ogilvy