Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel spreadsheet to SQL Server 2000?

Anyone have some VBA script for creating and populating an SQL Server 2000
table in a database with the data in the Excel spreadsheet?

TIA!

Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also interested

I have looked at the links below but are not 100% sure
this is the right way forward

How to import data from Excel to SQL Server

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems...tion_in_C_.asp

Convert Excel to XML file/XML Schema, and validate Excel against XML Schema
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/excel2xml.asp

Using the Excel 2003 XML Tools Add-in Version 1.1
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/def...LToolAddin.asp

Office 2003: XML Reference Schemas

Office 2003 XML Reference Schemas
http://www.microsoft.com/office/xml/default.mspx

Microsoft Office System and XML: XML in Action
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...mlinaction.asp

Case-Study: XML in the Microsoft Office System
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/und...dc_contoso.asp

XML and Microsoft Office Excel 2003: Creating an Expense Report Template
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/und...dc_xlexpen.asp

"Robert Davis" wrote in message ...
Anyone have some VBA script for creating and populating an SQL Server 2000
table in a database with the data in the Excel spreadsheet?

TIA!

Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Robert Davis wrote:
Anyone have some VBA script for creating and populating an SQL Server
2000 table in a database with the data in the Excel spreadsheet?

Robert:

Here are a couple of links that might be useful

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...tables-in-vba/
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...ql-statements/

The first one describes creating and populated Jet databases, but the
populating part should be the same for any database. I basically make an
INSERT INTO statement and Execute it. I don't show the connection string on
that post, but it wouldn't do you any good anyway because you'll have to
make a connection string for SQLServer.

The second link is a different version of the MakeInsertInto function. I
don't remember all the changes, but if you use the function, I thought it
would be best to show you both versions.

Sorry that's not a very good answer to your question, but hopefully it gets
you started.

--
Dick Kusleika
MS MVP - Excel