Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trouble Condensing Code

I have the following code that I just know could be condensed, but
can't seem to figure it out. Below is some of the code... the weeks g
to 12 and the days always stay at 1 thru 5.

What it does is put a "1" in the appropriate cell if the check box i
true and leaves it blank if it is false. Is there a way to condens
this code easily? If not I can live with what I have, but it bugs me

CODE:

If frmWeeks.chkWk1Day1 = True Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 5).Value = "1"
End If

If frmWeeks.chkWk1Day2 = True Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 6).Value = "1"
End If

If frmWeeks.chkWk1Day3 = True Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 7).Value = "1"
End If

If frmWeeks.chkWk1Day4 = True Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 8).Value = "1"
End If

If frmWeeks.chkWk1Day5 = True Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 9).Value = "1"
End If

If frmWeeks.chkWk2Day1 = True Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 10).Value = "1"
End If

If frmWeeks.chkWk2Day2 = True Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 11).Value = "1"
End If

etc. etc. ..

--
Ikaabo
Ikaabod's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3337

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That code is not too bad but if you really want you could clean it up a tad
something like this...

with Activecell
If frmWeeks.chkWk1Day1 = True Then .Offset(0, 5).Value = "1"
If frmWeeks.chkWk1Day2 = True Then .Offset(0, 6).Value = "1"
If frmWeeks.chkWk1Day3 = True Then .Offset(0, 7).Value = "1"
'... the rest here...
End with
That is a little neater and easier to copy and paste...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Ikaabod" wrote:

I have the following code that I just know could be condensed, but I
can't seem to figure it out. Below is some of the code... the weeks go
to 12 and the days always stay at 1 thru 5.

What it does is put a "1" in the appropriate cell if the check box is
true and leaves it blank if it is false. Is there a way to condense
[...]

Ikaabod's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33371
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531992

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, they are on a userform.