Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default bye...

I posted two questions..in this section
everyday I open to see Is it a good day for me !!
No the same old day with No answers..
Its boring ... but thanks for I had support for sometime.
May be I am asking what is not possible or
Am expecting something too much for a forum to answer.
Let me wait for MVPs change, so that I can start afresh
bye

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear all (MVPs),
I am really sorry for the posting made yesterday..
It was the cry like tom hanks in the lonely island - "cast away"
I didn't mean to hurt anyone. my apologies to...

If prefer this message be deleted...

"Eddy Stan" wrote:

I posted two questions..in this section
everyday I open to see Is it a good day for me !!
No the same old day with No answers..
Its boring ... but thanks for I had support for sometime.
May be I am asking what is not possible or
Am expecting something too much for a forum to answer.
Let me wait for MVPs change, so that I can start afresh
bye

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Eddy,

Did you get the email lsent direct to you?

Michael Beckinsale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Michael,

I got your file and it is working good. I can use this for some other work I
have given to my colleagues.
But my present requirement is different.
I need to extract data from a master data file based on 4 criterias, then
put that extracted data in a new workbook and save the file as name in 3rd
criteria.

Sheet1 has 4 columns of 200 rows. (each row has 4 columns, all of them are
criterias). Sheet2 has 14 columns of approx 7000 rows (monthly data, which
will vary) of which first 4 columns are criteria equal datas. (in the last
row "LLINE" is there in all 14 columns to say it is the Last Line in the
sheet)
procedu
pick row2 in sheet1, 4 cells a2,b2,c2,d2 compare them with all rows in
sheet2, that is a2 thro' sheet2-a2..a7000, b2 thro' sheet2-b2..b7000, c2
thro' sheet2-c2..c7000 and d2 thro' sheet2-d2..d7000
matching-rows could be anywhere, those rows have to be copied to new
workbook in sheet1. after finishing search thro 7000 rows the new workbook
has to be closed and saved as name found in c2 (location name).
Then pick row3, 4 cells a3, b3, c3 and d3 repeat the process till row200 in
sheet1.
At the end of this process we will have 200 excel workbooks.

After this, I have send one file or many files to location managers for
their follow up / our follow up actions. If I spend time in copy, paste &
create new files, I cannot spend quality time in data analysis & follow up.
If this is done by some program, then I can do better work.

That is why I asked for some code help.

Everyone used tell that I am not clear. So kindly tell me where you need
clarification. If you need sample data file then I can send you but it is
huge, 6mb that why I did not send that file.

with best regards to you & your time,