Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default query with changing parameters ...

Ok..from reading here I've discovered how to do a query using a cell value
as a parameter. (query odbc datasource).

However...I have a list of parts and I need to get the Quantity on hand for
each (and only these parts) - so the parameter is different in each
query. I figured I just put the query on each row - changing the parameter
location. Well..the legacy computer doesn't like this - I think I'm running
out of
memory or something. It gets to query 24 and gives an error. (first
[ODBCLINK Host][Allbase]ALLBASE/SQL shared memory lock allocation failed in
DBCore. (DBERR 4008)
then : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Drivers's SQLSetConnectAttr failed)

There is a fix for the first error by changing settings im my sql database.
I was hoping that someone here could suggest something different. I just
dont believe that it's efficient to do that many separate queries.

I noticed the querytable option. I copied some code into my excel sheet
from microsoft - but it doesn't like many of the item types (i.e. Workspace)
from the example code.

Am I going in the right direction with querytable?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See response in querydao.

--
Dick Kusleika