Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ll ll is offline

Default Multiple Combo Box Indices?

I am working with a combo box populated with a collection from a
spreadsheet which has some blank cells (intentional). I would like for
the combo box to not display the blank rows (which I've managed to get
it to do), and also for another index to count the total number of
rows. I can't use the index for the combo box, as it omits the blank
rows.
Is it possible to have two indexes (one for display and one for true
row counting)? I need to keep the position in the collection with the
row counting.

Many thanks,
Louis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar.
there is no built in support for it. You could put in two columns in the
list and maintain the true row there. You can hide that column using the
ColumnWidths setting.

Tom Ogilvy

"ll" wrote:

I am working with a combo box populated with a collection from a
spreadsheet which has some blank cells (intentional). I would like for
the combo box to not display the blank rows (which I've managed to get
it to do), and also for another index to count the total number of
rows. I can't use the index for the combo box, as it omits the blank
rows.
Is it possible to have two indexes (one for display and one for true
row counting)? I need to keep the position in the collection with the
row counting.

Many thanks,
Louis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ll ll is offline

Thanks Tom,
If the two columns were in the same listing, would the selection of the
visible column items generate the index, or could it be set so that the
visible items could reference the hidden column, which would generate
the index?

Thanks again,
Louis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you just read the value (row number) from the list and use it. There is no
generating.

Tom Ogilvy

ups.com...