Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default renaming worksheet

Hi all,
anybody use calendar control to give name to a sheet.
I use simple VBA like activesheet.name = calendar.value (calendar click
renames worksheet), but after I manually rename sheet (right click on
sheet tab then rename), next time I click the calendar excell gives me
error report: error with method .value on calendar object.
Anybody had a similar problem?

--
draganpi
draganpi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33220

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Note: you can's use the / date seperator in a sheet name
Use the format function to use the -

Is this working for you ?

ActiveSheet.Name = Format(Calendar1.Value, "mm-dd-yyyy")

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"draganpi" wrote in message

Hi all,
anybody use calendar control to give name to a sheet.
I use simple VBA like activesheet.name = calendar.value (calendar click
renames worksheet), but after I manually rename sheet (right click on
sheet tab then rename), next time I click the calendar excell gives me
error report: error with method .value on calendar object.
Anybody had a similar problem?

--
draganpi
draganpi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33220
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530408

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I know that Ron,
There are something interesting, this VBA code works properly on some
computers, but on others don't. I checked if all the references were
installed, but nothing helps.
Thanks a lot anyway, I appreciate your help Ron.
regards
Dragan