Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New Menu

Does anyone know how I can create a custom menu that is present in all
workbooks once installed? Basically I've created some custom
functions/macros that I want to distribute to a small user base and have
them be able to run them from whatever workbook they're using. I don't want
to have to teach them to run macros. I can create the custome menu but only
for the original workbook, I want to add it as a feature in excel. Can I do
this through an add in? Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put them in an addin.

How to create an add-in file in Excel 2000

XL97: How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97

MacXL: How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"SJC" wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can create a custom menu that is present in all
workbooks once installed? Basically I've created some custom
functions/macros that I want to distribute to a small user base and have
them be able to run them from whatever workbook they're using. I don't

want
to have to teach them to run macros. I can create the custome menu but

only
for the original workbook, I want to add it as a feature in excel. Can I

do
this through an add in? Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

SJC wrote:

Does anyone know how I can create a custom menu that is present in all
workbooks once installed? Basically I've created some custom
functions/macros that I want to distribute to a small user base and have
them be able to run them from whatever workbook they're using. I don't want
to have to teach them to run macros. I can create the custome menu but only
for the original workbook, I want to add it as a feature in excel. Can I do
this through an add in? Thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson