Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Upper on certain cells.

Hi

Is there a way to automatically set the Font to capitals, or UPPER, for
all text inserted in certain cells...

Or do I have to use an on event, macro that changes the text to UPPER
after text is inserted?

Thanks

--
Ctech

Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27745
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=528142

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use a font that only has uppercase characters; but other than that
there is no built-in way to do it so you would need to use an event procedure
for the worksheet_change event.
--
- K Dales

"Ctech" wrote:

Hi

Is there a way to automatically set the Font to capitals, or UPPER, for
all text inserted in certain cells...

Or do I have to use an on event, macro that changes the text to UPPER
after text is inserted?

Thanks

--
Ctech

Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27745
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=528142

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can do this with DataValidation maybe

Select A1
Data Validation:(choose custom)

=EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1))

You must type in Uppercase now

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ctech" wrote:

Hi

Is there a way to automatically set the Font to capitals, or UPPER, for
all text inserted in certain cells...

Or do I have to use an on event, macro that changes the text to UPPER
after text is inserted?

Thanks

--
Ctech

Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27745
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=528142

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That works fine... however very enoying for people to get an error
message if they don't type in UPPERCASE.

How would you do an on event macro?

--
Ctech

Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27745
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=528142

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can I have a on event on a set cells? As I want the macro to run just
when the text in 4 cells is changed... A1, G5, H3, C17

--
Ctech

Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27745
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=528142

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm
and
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

You can try

If Not Application.Intersect(Range("a1,a6,b1,b6"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Target.Formula = StrConv(Target.Formula, vbUpperCase)

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl