Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date problem

Hi all,
I have a question concerning a cell, I want the cell to lookup the date if
it is between jan 1 and june 30 I want it to show "yes" and no for the rest
of the year. I need it to be volitile and not just for this year.

Any ideas

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Greg,

Try:

=IF(MONTH(TODAY())=6,"Yes","No")

---
Regards,
Norman

"Greg" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a question concerning a cell, I want the cell to lookup the date if
it is between jan 1 and june 30 I want it to show "yes" and no for the
rest
of the year. I need it to be volitile and not just for this year.

Any ideas

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Norman

I believe you mean
=IF(MONTH(TODAY())<=6,"Yes","No")

Greg: Yes/no to what ? This makes me very curious :-)

Best wishes Harald

"Norman Jones" skrev i melding
Hi Greg,

Try:

=IF(MONTH(TODAY())=6,"Yes","No")

---
Regards,
Norman

"Greg" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a question concerning a cell, I want the cell to lookup the date

if
it is between jan 1 and june 30 I want it to show "yes" and no for the
rest
of the year. I need it to be volitile and not just for this year.

Any ideas

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Harald,

I believe you mean
=IF(MONTH(TODAY())<=6,"Yes","No")

Indeed!

Thank you.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Hi Norman

I believe you mean
=IF(MONTH(TODAY())<=6,"Yes","No")

Greg: Yes/no to what ? This makes me very curious :-)

Best wishes Harald

"Norman Jones" skrev i melding
Hi Greg,

Try:

=IF(MONTH(TODAY())=6,"Yes","No")

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am "trying" to an excel database for a league my sister runs, it is ran in
two seasons so instead of yes and no it will be summer , winter. just
thought it would be easier with the yes no direction.
She has to order the trophies and print out the forms so I want to have it
do this part automatically for her.

Thanks for your help
Greg

"Greg" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a question concerning a cell, I want the cell to lookup the

date
if
it is between jan 1 and june 30 I want it to show "yes" and no for the
rest
of the year. I need it to be volitile and not just for this year.

Any ideas

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming