Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Analysing a list of dates

Hi guys/gals,

I have a worksheet with 3 columns on it:
Version, Type, Release Date

I need to be able to analyse the date and when a version's Release Date
is in the current month, I need to display a message or some other
notification.

Can anyone tell me how this might be possible.

thanks in advance,
Matt

--
matpj
matpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21076

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use conditional formatting:

Select a date cell (say A1) and pull-down
Format Conditional Formatting... then select Formula is and enter:
=(MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY())) and then pick a hi-light format

Then copy the format down the column.

This will hi-light all the dates in the current month. The dates don't even
have to be sorted.
--
Gary's Student

"matpj" wrote:

Hi guys/gals,

I have a worksheet with 3 columns on it:
Version, Type, Release Date

I need to be able to analyse the date and when a version's Release Date
is in the current month, I need to display a message or some other
notification.

Can anyone tell me how this might be possible.

thanks in advance,
Matt

--
matpj
matpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21076
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=527121

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt,

For r=2 to 100
If Month(Cells(r, "C")) = Month(Now()) Then
MsgBox "Released this month"
End If
Next r

HTH

"matpj" wrote:

Hi guys/gals,

I have a worksheet with 3 columns on it:
Version, Type, Release Date

I need to be able to analyse the date and when a version's Release Date
is in the current month, I need to display a message or some other
notification.

Can anyone tell me how this might be possible.

thanks in advance,
Matt

--
matpj
matpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21076
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=527121

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary''s Student Wrote:
Use conditional formatting:

Select a date cell (say A1) and pull-down
Format Conditional Formatting... then select Formula is and enter:
=(MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY())) and then pick a hi-light format

Then copy the format down the column.

This will hi-light all the dates in the current month. The dates don't
even
have to be sorted.
--
Gary's Student

thanks for that, it works great. Is it possible to look at the month
AND the year on the same formula?

Toppers, yours also worked wonders too.
got to decide which to go for now!!

--
matpj
matpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21076
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=527121

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For r = 2 To 100
If Application.And(Month(Cells(r, "C")) = Month(Now()), Year(Cells(r, "C"))
= Year(Now())) Then
MsgBox "Released this month"
End If
Next r

OR
for conditional formatting

=AND(MONTH(A2)=MONTH(TODAY()),YEAR(A2)=YEAR(TODAY( )))