Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do i insert a picture in merged cels, with autom. resizing ?

I want to insert a picture (no matter what size) into merged celles. So if
the picture in imported, it must be resized automatic to fit into the merged
celles.

Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub AA_InsertPicture()
Dim rng As Range, pic As Picture
Set rng = Range("B2").MergeArea
rng.Select
Set pic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( _
"C:\Documents and Settings\OgilvyTW\" & _
"My Documents\My Pictures\Sample.jpg")
pic.Top = rng.Top
pic.Left = rng.Left
pic.Width = rng.Width
pic.Height = rng.Height

End Sub

worked for me.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sven Ghyselinck" wrote:

I want to insert a picture (no matter what size) into merged celles. So if
the picture in imported, it must be resized automatic to fit into the merged
celles.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Tom,

Thanks for your answer, but can you explain to me some more ?

I merged celles from A4 to H33 !

In these celles I want to insert the picture.

Thanks for your effort and helping out on this issue.

Best Regards,

Sven (Belgium)

"Sven Ghyselinck" wrote:

I want to insert a picture (no matter what size) into merged celles. So if
the picture in imported, it must be resized automatic to fit into the merged
celles.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub AA_InsertPicture()
Dim rng As Range, pic As Picture
Dim s as String
Set rng = Range("A4").MergeArea
' change the next line to identify the picture
s = "C:\MyPictures\MyPicture.jpg"
rng.Select
Set pic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(s)
pic.Top = rng.Top
pic.Left = rng.Left
pic.Width = rng.Width
pic.Height = rng.Height

Tom Ogilvy

"Sven Ghyselinck" wrote:

I want to insert a picture (no matter what size) into merged celles. So if
the picture in imported, it must be resized automatic to fit into the merged
celles.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Tom,

Maybe I am to stupid, but for me this is very new.
Please inform me where I must put the formulas, and how this is working
exacly. Thanks for your help and patience.

Best Regards,

Sven.

"Sven Ghyselinck" wrote:

I want to insert a picture (no matter what size) into merged celles. So if
the picture in imported, it must be resized automatic to fit into the merged
celles.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You posted your question in Microsoft.public.excel.programming.

I gave you a macro which is what people posting here usually are seeking

If you are not familiar with macros, see David McRitchie's site:

If you don't want a macro, then the answer is do it manually using
Insert=Picture=from file, then move and size it manuall. There are no
formulas that will do this for you.

Tom Ogilvy