Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lists, Ranges, and Combo Boxes

I have tried to follow all the instructions I have found on this
subject, but I'm still having a problem. I would greatly appreciate it
if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a workbook with multiple pages. The pages in the "back" of the
workbook contain charts. I want cells on pages in the front to
populate based on selections made. For example, lets say Page1 has a
cell with a list comprised of "Red", "Blue", and "Green". Let's also
say that a chart on Page9 has a chart which references these three
colors and gives corresponding values of "3", "6", and "9". I want
another cell to give the corresponding value based upon the selection
made from the combo box in the first cell.

I know how to get a combo box to populate from a group of cells on the
same page, but not from a different page. Everything that I have read
says that you have to create a range on the other page. However, when
I create a named range and point the combo box to it, the only thing I
get in the list is the actual name of the range and not the values.

This is becoming very frustrating, so any light that can be shed would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Tammy