Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Object Required

Why do I get "Object Required" with this? What is wrong? I want to delete
every row that has "Red Prairie..." in the cell.

Sub DeleteRedPrairie ()
Dim lastrow as Long, i As Long
lastrow = Cells(Row.Count, 1) .End(x1Up) .Row
For 1 = lastrow To Step -1
If Cells(i,1) Value = "RedPrairie" Then
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next
End Sub

I also want to be able to delete the row immediately below the on that
contains RedPrairie.

Please help....these rows are screwing up everything I do. Also due to
concatenate formulas I need to run, I cannot sort this first. Filtering
slows down my macros immensely.

Chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a guess Chuck but is 'Red Prairie' the same as 'RedPrairie'?

I'd also suggest just tagging the cells with the red string with a formula =na()

For each c in [YourRange].cells
if c.value = "Red Prairie" then c.formula = "=NA()"
Next c
[YourRange].Specialcells(XLCellTypeFormulas,Xlerrors).EntireR ow.delete

Regards
Robert McCurdy

"Chuck Neal" wrote in message ...
Why do I get "Object Required" with this? What is wrong? I want to delete
every row that has "Red Prairie..." in the cell.

Sub DeleteRedPrairie ()
Dim lastrow as Long, i As Long
lastrow = Cells(Row.Count, 1) .End(x1Up) .Row
For 1 = lastrow To Step -1
If Cells(i,1) Value = "RedPrairie" Then
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next
End Sub

I also want to be able to delete the row immediately below the on that
contains RedPrairie.

Please help....these rows are screwing up everything I do. Also due to
concatenate formulas I need to run, I cannot sort this first. Filtering
slows down my macros immensely.

Chuck

Object Required Jim Thomlinson Excel Programming 1 March 27th 06 12:07 AM
Object Required JMB Excel Programming 0 March 26th 06 11:58 PM
Object Required aftamath Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 14th 06 10:19 PM
Object Required teresa Excel Programming 9 May 31st 05 06:21 PM
Object required. y Excel Programming 1 April 10th 04 10:50 AM